Saturday, July 17, 2010

Inception

Michelle and I saw the new movie, Inception, last night. I have to say that this was probably my favorite movie of the year (Toy Story 3 might be tied with it, though.). The plot is basically The Matrix meets Mission: Impossible meets Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but ends up as more than the sum of its respective parts. It's definitely the best editing I've probably ever seen in a movie. During the climax of the movie, they have five different levels plot going concurrently, and I was never confused by it. The best part to me, though, is definitely the ending. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say that Michelle and I were blown away at the end of the movie, and had discussions about our theories for a couple of hours.

Anyway, I said all that to say this: Go see this movie.

The theatre where we went to see this movie was pretty interesting too. It was the Walnut $5/$3 theatre in Garland. I've never been there before, so I was interested in seeing a cheap movie even if we had to drive a little further than normal. However, when we saw this sad tiny building with purple neon border lights and "$5 Adult $3 Child" written on it in a dark parking lot surrounded by abandoned buildings, I was a little creeped out. So we walked up to the box office, and the guy points for us to come inside to pay. He opens the door to the thing and just stands there, saying "$10." Cash only. I saw a "Creature from the Black Lagoon" pinball machine and 2 others as well. The guy goes to flip a switch and they come on.

Only $2.50 for a large coke? This theatre is awesome.

Then the bombshell: They're closing in August. Lame! Just when we find a diamond in the rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment