Thursday, April 29, 2010

Just until Monday

I just got an email from one of my Technical Writing professors in which she basically tells me to rewrite the whole thing. This is part of a huge project that's been going on for the entire semester, and I'm completely over it.  I just don't want to do this anymore.

The company we've been working with didn't even give us proper perimeters for this project. When they initially discussed the potential topics, they weren't going to give us copies of the information. It's like pulling teeth to get answers from them about how they run the company (how can we propose a new way to do something at a company when we don't know how you do it currently?). Instead of putting people that have no knowledge of the subject in charge of directing the flow of information to the students, maybe they should have had subject matter experts there to answer questions.

I don't care if we win the "grand prize" of maybe $100 or so at the end. I just want to be through and make an A. Seriously.

Our presentation is Monday and we still have loads of work to do, but my team has been almost no help. I don't care if they read this.  They know it's true.  I'm the one who made the powerpoint, wrote the proposal re-wrote the proposal when they told us they didn't like our idea, designed every single document, created the solutions to the problems, did about half of the research, created the logo, tag line, and visual style of the whole project, created several versions of everything so they could have choices, printed everything, edited, re-edited, re-re-re-re-edited.

I kind of wish I hadn't had a group so I could have just done it all myself how I wanted, and would have gotten all of the justly deserved credit. If I don't make an A on this, I will probably go nuts.

Thank you and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment